- The blue rectangle bears 50 white stars, representing the 50 states.
- The 13 equal horizontal stripes of red alternating with white represent the 13 British colonies that declared independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain and became the first states in the Union.
- Although meanings of the colors in the American flag were not originally specified, it is believed that they came from the seal of the United States.
- Red stands for valor plus hardiness.
- White stands for purity
- Blue stands for perseverance, justice and vigilance.
- The three black unbroken bars (upper left) symbolize heaven.
- The trigram (lower left) symbolizes fire.
- The trigram (upper right) symbolizes water.
- The three broken bars (lower right) symbolize earth.
- The white field represents the traditional color of the Korean people, symboliness cleanliness of the people.
- The centered dual forces of Uhn Yung symbol signify unity plus balance.
- The red is said to represent the earth and the blue heaven, linking in harmony.